By Daniela Degrassi
Girls night out are notorious to be lots of fun. How to recreate that special energy on your wedding day with your bridesmaids when they may be total strangers to each others? And what if your bridesmaids are also strangers to your vegan lifestyle? If you’re a newbie vegan it may be extra important to connect with your college roommates and get them acquainted with your new beliefs as well. You can achieve both and create a loving atmosphere prior the wedding organizing fun and relaxing activities to make your girls feel pampered and appreciative. They will go out of their ways to get along and make your wedding day a dream come true. To sparkle a special bonding among your bridesmaids, we have a few suggestions for every budget.
If life took you in different places and now you live apart from your besties, picking a half way location for a weekend getaway is the best solution. Let’s admit it, we all just need a good excuse to hop on a plane. Find an event or attraction that can satisfy different personalities.
– A cultural and vegan friendly city to explore, fashion or art exhibits, rock concerts, perhaps attending a vegan fest to introduce your friends to vegan food. You can enjoy different activities during the day and relax over dinner sharing ‘friendships with the bride’ stories.
– Girls don’t need to be begged to book a Spa Day. If you need to escape from the city, find a vegan friendly resort where you can enjoy group massages, relaxing walks in nature, yoga classes and refreshing drinks served by the pool or paired by tub bubbles at night.
– If you’re in the vicinity of a wine region, a vegan wine tasting trip will put everyone in a good mood on a sunny day. Don’t forget to pack your hats, sunscreen and plenty of Miyoko cheese and crackers.
– If you only have a day, make it count with something unique, like an afternoon of challenging your friends to cruelty-free shopping or a fun photo shoot. Trying out poses will increase bridesmaids camaraderie and you’ll all be at ease and camera ready on the wedding day!
ON A BUDGET
If your friends live long distance and can’t splurge on weekend getaways, find a way to have them fly a couple of days before the wedding so you can all spend some bonding time with simple fun activities. Or, you can replay these on multiple occasions if you’re lucky to have your bridesmaids all living close by.
– An expedition to your local consignment store trying on vintage outfits. Carry a snapshot camera with you, it may come handy to capture the playfulness of the day.
– Cooking your favorite new vegan recipes together and later enjoy a homemade food picnic.
– Girls night’s out salsa dancing. Sangria and latin music can help anyone’s disposition!
– Vegan Spas are growing like mushrooms! Check out if the closest to your city offer specials or group discounts.
– Exercise is more fun together. If you are looking to shed a couple of pounds for the wedding day, a jogging trail in good company is the perfect solution.
All these activities sound a lot of fun for us. Can you think of any other Bridesmaids Bonding Ideas you wanna share with us? We’d love to hear your comments!
An incurable enthusiast and independent spirit since she could remember (her childhood heroines were Pippi Longstockings and Katharine Hepburn) Daniela Degrassi found her creative outlet as a lifestyle photographer, working mainly in Northern California. Currently splitting her time between SF Bay Area and her native Italy to continue to be her autistic sister’s primary caregiver. Vegan since 2014, she found a perfect way to carry her message of compassion while celebrating her love for the wedding industry launching The Kind Bride in February 2018.